Jupuary Airdrop Similar to Sanctum's $Cloud

but why such an early snapshot date?

1 Like

Nicely written, I hope they adopt a few of the same considerations of $CLOUD, don’t love having web2 conditions however. I think active participants in forums/discord/education getting a nice reward or multiplier on their allocations would be a nice compromise maybe?

2 Likes

Sanctum’s airdrop was very interesting, however, it was not perfect as you have said, 5% to earnestness was too much and I certainly agree.

In regards to Jupiter following, I agree with your considerations. I would also suggest that maybe Jupiter could do a vested tiered airdrop where Jupiter sets a vested length of x days/weeks/months and if the claimer claims early (less than set x days/weeks/months) then they forfeit the rest of the unaccumulated airdrop.

Collectively, all unaccumulated airdrops from claimers who claimed early will be equally distributed to those who continue to wait and has waited until vesting is done.

Open to discussing my suggestions.

2 Likes

I understand the Earnestness airdrop, which is to reward those who may not have large sums of capital to stake large amounts of JUP. But one consideration here is also that some of us who have jobs and can’t live on Discord or even have large sums of money to buy JUP to stake.

One thing is for sure, I think the Jupuary airdrop will be difficult to ensure everyone will be happy with their allocation.

6 Likes

Are communities every fully happy with airdrops these days? JUP did well on their first year airdrop, I don’t see why they would stumble in the 2nd year. Lets just hope meaningful contributions to the ecosystem are rewarded

1 Like

I feel JUP is one of the only recent Airdrops people have been happy with.

At the end of the day no one is entitled to one!

2 Likes

Thats the problem though, everyone feels like they are it should be a reward not a guaranteed thing which is why hopefully JUP#2 rewards more esoteric efforts to improve & grow the DAO. I wish more people were on this forum to discuss JUP :frowning:

1 Like

The community did not seem to like the earnestness allocation but I thought it was great because it actually rewarded real participants not fakers. The rewards were quite high but for a new token with little community it showcased just how important early contributors can be to a protocol.
Although JUP is quite a seasoned protocol, contributions should still be rewarded especially through this forum its clear that you @lochie2001 are a big contributor and really want JUP to work long term! I hope you are rewarded

2 Likes

Thats not really fair, they were transparent and they were clear that no insiders got any allocations, its a shame you don’t trust them

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, my friend.

Large part of the reason why I engage with this forum is because I feel some of these votes have passed with the rubberstamp. Meaning people hadn’t Considered all possibilities and just go yes or no without really thinking.

I’m trying to prompt discussion so we consider all these factors and make an educated and what is best for Jupiter dao.

Thank you so much for those kind words. It means a lot.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s the thing with airdrops, No one is ever fully happy.

Maybe you can agree with me when I say this, but the most successful AirDrop Of all time was Jupiter in my opinion. People were happy people were rewarded and people had an incentive to hold their tokens!

Still not sold any of my allocation and I’m proud of that

4 Likes

I definitely think and always have that active engagement which truly helps to grow the ecosystem is the way to go with airdrops.I think we should eliminate “farming” from our vocabulary and exchange it with contribution and hereby everyone has the same chance at start as otherwise its always a whales game. At the end there should be a relationship and mutual interest on both sides. One helps another for the benefit of the greater good. Giving is receiving. :bulb:

2 Likes

For sure! If there is an oppotunity for me to nominate someone of “earnestness” or “contribution” ill be sure to nominate you brother! i think what you are doing is great.

2 Likes

If all understand & accept this basic truth about airdrops, it helps reduce the amount of fallouts and frustrations after every airdrop. But hey, it’s just how us humans operate.

2 Likes

Yeah legit, as humans we are never satisfied with where we are at.

For me going to the gym for several years, ive made pretty considerable gains, however, i still dont feel content with where im at and still want to look more jacked for examples.

However, if i told past. me “Youre gonna look like this in 5-6 years” he would be like F YEAH!

Thats the thing. No one is EVER happy with where they are in life, and constantly want more.

If i offered you $1000, youd want $1100 for eg.

I think as humans it is impirtant to create boundaries and expectations and not feel upset if we miss out on “more”, But yes well said @Mbolorman

3 Likes

People don’t want to put in equal effort, take equal risk, show equal commitment etc but they sort of expect equal rewards. I do get there are many who have to do it but don’t have the means or lack the necessary skills or knowhow to. The fact is most of the time, what you put in should be what you get out. This works in both ways but many only question it when it favours the risk takers etc but don’t when they are left to deal with a lot of mess when everything falls apart.

5 Likes

100% considering the Jupuary airdrop isn’t driven by financial gains or for those entitled to it

4 Likes

That’s right. Jupuary is a complete different kettle of fish.

3 Likes

I feel like it was one of those that everyone was happy because obviously the value of the token is pretty decent so even the lowest tier got some decent money if they intend to sell the token. But the main thing is because it was done using tiers instead of linear.
Even the smaller users got some decent airdrop even if they just use JUP platform sometimes and the whales still got a decent payday with 100k tokens on Jupuary #1. Average joes they didn’t get screwed by the top 10/100 wallets getting 25/30% of the Supply as we’ve seen for example on Kamino or Sanctum

2 Likes

So, when people say “it’s a whales game”, the same people could also say that jacked guys always gets the ladies. Whales often are not born whales and jacked people often are not born jacked. They have done something what most people are not willing to do to become something what most people are not.

This is not directed to you but in general, whales are minority and they are not some evil entity whos aim is to cause damage for anyone who are not whales. Most of the time whales are in disadvantage compared to non whales when it comes to ROI. Whales get more but they also risk losing more.

If someone wants to be a whale, then get your ass up and start working towards it. If someone wants to be jacked, then get your ass up and start working towards it.

4 Likes