Jupiter Airdrop Proposal for JUPUARY (January 2025)

Overview

As the vote for continuation of JUPUARY approaches, pending the outcome of the result of the vote, I bring forward my suggestion regarding what the criteria should entails , provided the result is in favor of continuity of JUPUARY.

The JUPUARY airdrop should reward dedicated community members who actively engage with Jupiter across various platforms and activities. This airdrop criteria proposal will emphasize not only active participation but also contributions to the ecosystem through trading, staking, and long-term holdings. This proposal outlines the criteria and their respective multipliers, with an aim to highlight key areas of growth and community engagement.

1. Active Participation

Active participation will be measured across multiple platforms, with contributions in each space helping to boost eligibility for the airdrop. Each platform offers a unique way to engage with Jupiter and drive its growth.

• Twitter: Regular engagement by creating jupiter-related content.

• Discord: Active participation in community discussions, contributing to Jupiter-related conversations, and providing support to other community members.

• Reddit: Posting and commenting on Jupiter threads to spread awareness and engage with broader crypto discussions.

• Jupiter Research Forum: Meaningful contributions to research discussions, project proposals, or responding to community queries.

• YouTube: Creating or engaging with Jupiter-related content, such as tutorials, project updates, or community reviews.

Each platform could have varying weights, with more significant contributions receiving higher scores (e.g., original content creation over passive engagement).

2. Trading

Jupiterā€™s swap function is currently saturated and thus, should have a lower weight in the airdrop criteria. Instead, more focus will be placed on five critical trading functions:

• Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA)

• Value Averaging (VA)

• Limit Orders (LO)

• Perpetuals (Perp)

• Ape

These five trading strategies should gain more attention and higher weight in the airdrop than simple swaps.

3. JUP DAO

Members actively participating in JUP DAO governance should be have eligibility based on the following criteria:

• Stakers: Anyone who has staked Jupiter tokens for a defined period before the airdrop date.

• Active Stakers: Those actively participating in DAO decisions, voting on proposals, and contributing to discussions will receive a higher multiplier.

The staker multiplier/eligibility encourages long-term commitment to the project and involvement in the decision-making process.

4. Holdings (Multiplier)

Long-term holders of Jupiter-related assets will receive a multiplier to their airdrop eligibility, reflecting their commitment to the ecosystem.

• JupSOL

• JLP Token: Holding Jupiterā€™s native LP tokens.

• JUP Holders from last JUPUARY: A special reward for those who participated in the last airdrop event and have maintained their holdings.

• POAP Collector from Planetary Call: Those who attended and collected a POAP from the Planetary Call every week should receive a bonus multiplier, rewarding early and ongoing engagement.

Conclusion

The goal of this airdrop proposal is to reward a diverse range of behaviors from social engagement to deep ecosystem contributions like trading and staking. By balancing different areas of involvement with strategic multipliers, we aim to grow the Jupiter ecosystem in a sustainable and engaging way.

36 Likes

100% agree with all these .

I like the idea of a multiplier, rather than simply an additional criteria

Overall very well written post! The team read these posts so itā€™s great to offer your opinion.

14 Likes

As the conclusion implies , this touches every corner of jupiverse

12 Likes

Banking on the motive : NO CAT SHOULD BE LEFT OUT

11 Likes

Yes , thatā€™s why I put it up as multiplier and not seperate criteria

6 Likes

Seems like a great suggestion, i hope the team sees it and take it into consideration.

8 Likes

I think this is the best airdrop proposal Iā€™ve ever read here , it outline everything about jupiverse.
Good proposal

10 Likes

I hope they did so too

6 Likes

I agree with majority of the above, however I have some points for consideration.

Community - I would like to see the highest weighting placed on community contributions rather than those that have simply held tokens and stepped back. At the end of the day the best way to build a long standing community is to strongly reward those at the forefront creating content, testing new features and providing valuable feedback.

POAPS - I think only those who have earnt POAPS and actually held onto them should be eligible for any multipliers. Some people have been selling onto others who wish to try and farm Jupuary which I think goes against the spirit of the project.
So I think any bought POAPS should not be counted and any sold POAPS should be removed from persons tallies.

All other points made I fully agree with and think this will properly reward those truly deserving.

One other idea I have in regards to Jupuary is vesting the drop over a period of time rather than in one big hit and tie it to keeping % of your tokens staked over that time to still receive the full allocation. This could protect against mass unlocks and big sell offs from everyone receiving their tokens all in one hit.

11 Likes

Same here. Couldnā€™t be put better than this

7 Likes

Great proposal. I think this covers most, if not all, of the key points that have been debated in other proposals addressing this topic, either directly or indirectly. I strongly agree with the majority of it.
However, the only area Iā€™m a bit uncertain about is the POAP. In recent planetary calls, many of the leaders mentioned that theyā€™ve never claimed it. Iā€™ve attended almost all of these calls myself but have never claimed it either. You need at least 50 JUP in your wallet to do so and many here either have their JUP fully staked, canā€™t afford to hold that much, or are uncomfortable with connecting their wallets to such platforms. That said, Iā€™m generally aligned with most of your proposal.
I will also add SPOT SWAP to the trading section for those who donā€™t use all those other tools. Many just get into the Jup exchange when required and spot swap.

Maybe itā€™s worth drawing @meow @0xSoju @Miir @kemosabe @Slorg etc attention to this post due to the number positive feedback itā€™s receiving already. I am sure these guys are following these debates in here.

16 Likes

I think the write also is not so sure of the poap things
Thatā€™s why it is used as multiplier instead of major criterion whatsoever

I will suggest to make it simple as such
Even 1 poap should equate to 20 poap when be considered as multiplier

I too donā€™t see anything big in that poap

6 Likes

This here is very important.

Also, i propose the drop should be split and allocated along different categories, with weightier criteria categories having larger proportions.
As such, anyone can qualify in any one or several categories, and would seem totally fair and satisfactory.

7 Likes

a combination of all this with extra multipliers for those more involved in the entire Jupiter ecosystem :green_heart:

4 Likes

All valid points while i think there are simply too much things on the plate here and like that there would be too much things to check or to track and i am pretty sure (if jupuary happens) that team would take a bit more simplistic approach, for which we will know until after the snapshot was done.

Like already mentioned on one of my posts what is team probably willing to look at are the following ideas:

5 Likes

I think it is almost impossible to track and give an accurate criterion for each participant. Can you imagine how many people need to be checked, their every step, every message. This will take several months, and I donā€™t think anyone will want to do this. I am also sure that there will be many dissatisfied participants who will not agree with the decision; they may believe that they have done more than they were appreciated. In general, this cannot be calculated in any way from the point of view of reward distribution

7 Likes

There are good titles as categories but i donā€™t think it covers all the possible aspects and additionally some explanations might differ. For example i agree with the idea of giving more importance to other products than swap but also there needs to be a discussion about how and why should be that kind of difference. What comes to my mind in the first place is ā€œfeeā€. If a product has more risk and more fee in it then it can be weighed differently and all products need to be analysed detailed to find the fair weigh from long term to short term , from high volume to short volume etc ā€¦
About the poaps i found it weird to only mention ā€œplanetary callā€ poaps. There are catdet event poaps and reddit poaps too. If we are gonna speak about poaps then maybe we need to take the numbers into consideration too. There are tens of thousands of planetary call poaps , many of them either bought or botted on the other hand there are very few numbers of for example catdet poaps. So i can say that if poaps are gonna mean something they might share the same pool at similar or same size meaning 1 catdet poap or reddit poap might be queal to lets say 100 call poaps ? So long story short if poaps are expected to be something there are different poaps with different amounts and values ā€¦

4 Likes

This proposal highlights the motto and the legacy of the previous jupuary; No cat will be left out.
I :100: fw this proposal

7 Likes

This is a good suggestion too
No matter how much poap you get
The multiplier will be equal
1poapā‰ˆ20POAPā‰ˆ EQUAL MULTIPLIER

7 Likes

You can claim if you have 50+ $JUP staked FWIW.

However, I agree with your sentiment.

6 Likes