Proposal to Introduce JupCard on J.U.P planet

Introduction:
I want to propose the introduction of a new feature called JupCard, a unique and interactive way to send $JUP tokens between members of the Jupiter community,( catdets,cats of culture, etc. ) from the J.U.P planet.

Overview of JupCard:
JupCard will be designed to add a layer of personalization and goodwill to the standard token transfer process. While $JUP tokens can already be sent directly from wallet to wallet, JupCard offers an opportunity to send these tokens along with a personalized message. The JupCard would allow users to include a heartfelt message or words of encouragement when sending $JUP tokens to other members.

Key features of JupCard include:

• Personalized Token Transfers: $JUP tokens can be sent to another user via their email address, attached to a customizable digital card containing a goodwill message.

• Showing Love: This feature is aimed at fostering a stronger sense of community and mutual support within the JUP ecosystem by encouraging users to send tokens as a sign of appreciation, friendship, or goodwill.

• User Categories: JupCard will be especially useful for interactions between the catdets, cats of culture, and other distinguished members of J.U.P planet. It provides a fun and meaningful way to connect with others beyond the transactional aspect of cryptocurrency.

Use Cases:

• Celebrations & Special Occasions: Users can send $JUP tokens on birthdays, holidays, or personal milestones, accompanied by a congratulatory message.

• Community Engagement: JupCard can be used to reward community members for their contributions, as a sign of appreciation for their work or participation in events.

• Gifts of Love & Friendship: Users can send $JUP tokens as a token of friendship, encouragement, or even as a virtual gift.

Benefits of JupCard:

1. Strengthened Community Bonds: By introducing a way to send $JUP tokens with personal messages, JupCard fosters goodwill and deepens connections within the community.

2. Ease of Use: JupCard simplifies the process of sending $JUP tokens by using email addresses rather than wallet addresses, making it more accessible, especially for new users.

3. Enhanced User Experience: The personalized touch added to each transfer via JupCard will make the Jupiter Exchange experience more memorable and emotionally engaging.

4. Encourages Adoption: The introduction of a fun and personal way to send tokens may increase the frequency of $JUP token transfers, encouraging wider adoption of the token.

Technical Considerations:

• Email-Based Transfers: JupCard will allow users to send $JUP tokens to others using their email addresses. The recipient will be able to claim the tokens through a simple link in the email, guiding them to connect their wallet if needed.

• Customization Options: Users can select from a variety of card designs *(preferably the image of POAP the planetory call, gallery on mobile, event tagged image etc.)*and message templates or create their own message, making each JupCard unique.

• Seamless Integration: JupCard will be integrated with Jupiter Exchange’s existing infrastructure to ensure that token transfers via JupCard are secure, fast, and efficient.

Conclusion:
JupCard represents an exciting new opportunity to enhance the social and emotional aspects of the JUP ecosystem. By offering a personalized way to send tokens, I believe that JupCard will strengthen relationships among Jupiter’s community members and drive further adoption of $JUP tokens.

13 Likes

Ahhh yes! Bonk has a bonk card which I thought was pretty funny .

You could send Mother’s Day cards ect.

5 Likes

Yes
It can be designed for any occasion

5 Likes

The idea is nice to have as a feature while when reading this additional things pop-up to my head in relation to if this can drive more users to the platform. I know its not always about expanding, but as well how to add the extras within the ecosystem. On the other hand the email-based transfer worries me a bit. Since being in the crypto space for a long time there are a lot of scams still going on via email. Maybe there could be some other safer way to do that. :thinking:

5 Likes

Safer way to do this :
$JUP token claiming will not mandate you to connect wallet to the webpage( even though the webpage is created by Jupiter Exchange and It is safe)
You will have several option :

1. Since the JupCard is sent to your email and you receive it . Once you click to open the gift. It will either prompt you to (Jupiter exchange website )of which you will claim through the page.
  2. Once you reach the page , you will have several way to claim ; such as
  • connecting wallet
  • Pasting your wallet address to claim the gift and the $JUP token will be sent to your address in seconds.
4 Likes

Thanks for presenting the JupCard proposal! I love the concept of adding a personal touch to $JUP token transfers. This initiative could really strengthen community engagement and make transactions feel more meaningful.

I have a couple of questions to consider:

Security of email-based transfers: How will the team ensure that the tokens sent via email can’t be intercepted or misused?

Fees: Will there be any transaction fees involved with sending a JupCard, and if so, how will they compare to traditional transfers?

5 Likes

For first question :

For the second one : Yes there will/may be a fee of maybe 0.1JUP depending on the team choice.

3 Likes

This is a very nice idea. Bonk has it too and it’s very nice idea of sending cards and jup to loved ones at once most especially to on-board new users

3 Likes

Yes
Bonk gave me inspo on this
They don’t even have wide community as JUP and it is a success one
Now imagine a community like J.U.P planet
That’s going to be a blast :boom:

2 Likes

I really like the idea, but we already have /appreciate in the catdet channel. I do agree with that jupcard boosts token usage etc. but is it really needed to add $jup tokens to it? Even though I have a feeling it is not needed, I do think that there is a possibility to make it work. I hope others can also give their feedback so we get more viewpoints!

4 Likes

Appurciation is used only on discord alone
J.U.P planet is way beyond discord , we are everywhere.
Appurciation is just to appreciate each verbally and not monetarily.
JupCard will serve as means of appreciation in monetary form
Just as a form of gift
Maybe for a birthday, graduation
Even if community member perform events and want to be appreciated with jup token
JupCard can be used and a heartfelt message will be added

2 Likes

Awesome, This will surely be a welcome development, i can just send a birthday wishes to every jupiverse OG on their special occasions. Jupcard :innocent:

3 Likes

Yes
Jupcard is meant to send $JUP token out

2 Likes

agree on this one sending the token is just meh… sending it through a card tho feels just like a gift

3 Likes

This is very nice
LFG

2 Likes

The concept sounds good but just wondering if it opens loopholes for bad actors to start exploring how to send scam links to community members? I am sure there will be some way to manage this?

4 Likes

Security-wise, said this some days ago
The security measures to put in for this E-sending of Jup token to loved ones will be highly taken care of; I suggest some here

3 Likes

Thanks for sign posting me to this @D3vpurity.
It’s helpful👏🏿

4 Likes

You welcome @Mbolorman
J4J

2 Likes

I’m in favor of developing new use cases, especially when it comes to valuing PPP behaviors beyond what we already offer.

I’m delighted by the idea that if a catdet likes what I’m doing, he can use different means to express his solidarity within Jupiter, i.e. without leaving our ecosystem and using $JUP.

Because, in fact, he can already make a crypto donation in several ways and quickly without us having to develop anything else. But he has to choose to use $JUP to do it and not other things (or even $SOL).

So what’s crucial in my eyes, if we don’t want to simply gimmick the use of $JUP, is that there be a symbolic and community added value that encourages and values the donor, for example by awarding him points for each donation, which would then allow him to access a unique nft 1/1 each quarter (with ASR there would be “the wall of JUP donors”).

Let’s not be afraid of getting to the heart of the matter, on the pretext that ranking JUP donors would be tantamount to reintroducing a form of competition into our community, which would be akin to PVP rather than PPP.
NO, this is not true. Why not?

→Not all contests are PVP; some are PPP.

The more charitable a donor is, the more likely they are to be rewarded with a rare item.

Let’s face it, JUP is a close-knit community, but behind the avatars there’s a huge social disparity.

This system would have the advantage of helping to combat the social inequalities of wealth within our community.

Everyone would win:

• people who devote a lot of time and energy to JUP would have the opportunity to receive donations from JUP (in $JUP)

• the most charitable donors would be granted the right to claim ownership of a prestigious digital work (subsequently listed on the secondary market)

2 Likes