Proposal for Distribution of the Unclaimed JUP from ASR Session 1

(I say this with love):

I ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE.

Please read my anecdotal about this.

(MIA due to death in family)

I have a perfectly reasonable human excuse for not being able to claim my ASR. I’ve been waiting VERY patiently, contributing in many ways, staking, adding more. Investing.

I still have a rightful claim to my part of the ASR rewards.

Alternative proposal:

1. Open up the portal again, provide at least 90-120 additional days to claim.
  2. Add an email notification input feature on the claim site to mitigate this issue in the future. All emails will feed into an email communication system for the community on all key events and initiatives and will strengthen communication channels and reach. (I can help build/dev)
  3. If after this “reasonable” claim policy is implemented, there is still excess, add it to the initiative that has proven to generate lift on the metrics we actually care about. We should not support losing initiatives.
  4. OR roll to ASR 2, but non claimants should still be able to grab the same amount of rewards they would have gotten from asr1…especially if they are still staked in. (I am).
  5. Don’t be greedy.

The logic:

1. If you promise someone something, you should follow through with your word. That simple. Coming in after the fact and saying “I’ll give you what I promised…but chit chit chit…(devilish sneer)… only if you do this little thing for me…(even more devilish sneer).”. This is called a Bait-and-switch. This is a sneaky tactic that is not within integrity.
  2. I heard that <10% of rewards were claimed (anyone have the verified metric?). If true, this imo would be an atrocious result. Showing incredibly low engagement. If the intent for creating a tight claim window was to increase engagement (?) - then this should be considered a failed experiment. And we should not dig our heels further into these kind of strategies.
  3. Taking what people didn’t claim, after providing a very very short claim window (in a bear market btw), and then trying to grab at it yourself is equivalent to the minority playing tricks…stealing from the majority. (Sound familiar?). If that’s not you - apologies. Just bringing awareness to the energy of that kind of move and how it looks. If this is surplus… then sure. But what’s left after an extremely short window to “get yours”, is not even close to surplus.
  4. Regardless of above, providing additional days to claim especially knowing you have people (like me) with very reasonable human reasons for missing the window… use cases that were not considered on the initial design… is absolutely reasonable and would be seen as compassionate and just. The opposite would be well… the opposite of that. Cold and a crime.
  5. Sorry while I can understand the initial thinking behind this (I get it), and appreciate the effort you put in… at the end of the day I strongly believe that it’s a short-sighted proposal and doesn’t actually do anything to increase numbers, or positive sentiment, and it does not make us look good. It’s just serving the very few. It is not the actions becoming of a community that cares about public goods or the long term.

Note: The only possible slim exception I can think of to any of this… is that if we as a collective are absolutely desperate and are in absolute survival mode. And we have zero funds… at the absolute bottom of the barrel, and need to fund staff to keep the entire project alive.

Please free to comment and defend.