Proposal: Establishing the Conscious Conduct Working Group

Cultivating Cat Leadership: Enhancing Community Experience & Engagement

Purpose :dart:

The Conscious Conduct Working Group (CCWG) aims to revamp Jupiter DAO’s working group model by emphasizing transparency, accountability, and active community involvement. This project is devoted to strengthening leadership qualities via specialized outlets, as well as improving security for all members, including those in working groups. This comprehensive strategy accentuates members’ personal and group success in a safe and respectful environment, while retaining Jupiter DAO’s experimental nature and creative spirit.

Introduction :rocket:

As a staple leader within the DeFi community, Jupiter continues to take Cryptocurrency by storm in a multitude of ways- notably with experimentation. Upon the experimentation of Working Groups and the concept now being in full effect, the potential for expansion is apparent and approaching. While there have been many successes for Working Groups to date, insightful observations brought forward during community discussions have highlighted the need to develop more intuitive frameworks to empower this model. The CCWG understands that without a doubt, the importance of creating a secure and positive work atmosphere, is indeed required in order to empower its members.

The Core Operations of the Conscious Conduct Working Group is directed at empowering, engaging and educating. Focusing on togetherness, we will provide leadership resources, engagement enhancements and more, ensuring the community keys in on personal growth and development. Enhancing member support and overall contentment in thriving in a work environment is crucial to sustain satisfactory circumstances. Collective success, and a more cohesive, supportive environment is our target.

Obstacles & Opportunities :warning:

As Jupiter DAO continues to grow within the vibrant spaces of Cryptocurrency and DeFi, enhancing our practices becomes increasingly essential. While members work to uphold principles of clarity, accountability, and transparency, we recognize that gaps in our system can lead to inefficiencies and unresolved issues which have the possibility to stifle our community’s unity and goals. Recent community comments and internal observations have highlighted the need for a stronger infrastructure that champions leadership growth and sets the stage for a respectful, inclusive community culture. Establishing the CCWG would address these essential issues.

To approach these challenges, developing a strong framework that truly strengthens knowledge, communication and engagement is essential. This framework will prepare us to manage the complexities of scaling and will also ensure that we can handle operational challenges in a structured and professional manner. By improving our governance structure now, we enable both, current and future members, to contribute effectively to Jupiter DAO’s mission, thereby boosting our overall effectiveness and establishing a more constructive and unified community environment.

Strategic Solutions :hammer_and_wrench:

Core Operations :globe_with_meridians:

• Learning & Development: Our interactive workshops will have modules on leadership, ethical decision-making, problem-solving, and more. Along with focusing on skill development, Leadership Sessions will also address practical application within the DAO, thereby ensuring that leaders are ready to navigate often difficult community dynamics. The applicable topic sessions will include interactive and engaging activities such as Kahoot, to ensure knowledge checks. These workshops will be available to all and topics will vary on a weekly basis. Participants will have the opportunity to suggest ideas or lessons that they are interested in learning more about. Our team plans to hold these sessions regularly, and would measure the success of our methods by assessing satisfaction and engagement rates, and adjust accordingly if need be. Leadership Sessions are envisioned to go beyond common expectations and soon provide opportunities for Catdets and CoC’s for example, to volunteer and elaborate on a topic of their choice. The different expertise that each member brings is deemed as highly valuable and propels this initiative.

• Conduct Council Formation: This unit of members, likely involving Catdets and Cats of Culture, will essentially be the HR team of the community. Think of it as the backbone that will enhance member experience within various working groups. This council will ensure seamless integration for new and coming working group members via structured onboarding processes. This process would entail providing welcome packages or a playbook, which involves guidelines, policies, procedures and more. This way, we make certain newly recruited members would receive an enriched debut to their journey with Jupiter. Additionally, the Conduct Council will oversee the off-boarding processes for members as well. We will ensure transitions out of teams in the DAO are handled with professionalism and respect, reflecting the DAO’s commitment to these moral practices. The Conduct Council will play a pivotal role in maintaining a fair, unbiased and supportive environment. While mediating critical conversations, we will ensure that decisions are made with integrity and in the best interest of the community as a whole. “You must think for the team - not just for yourself.” This approach will support individuals through their entire working journey and also strengthen the overall community structure. This advancement will continue to secure Jupiter DAO as an exemplary model for collaborative and ethical decentralized governance.

• Support Station: This extension of the CCWG will serve as the foundation that captures data input and output, then utilizing our findings to streamline the operations of the other initiatives within the CCWG. The Support Station analyzes data collected from interactions and activities to assess what strategies are effective, identify areas for improvement, and understand the needs and preferences of members. Central to its function is the creation and management of a comprehensive resource station. This tool will house documentation, necessary forms and resources for the operations of the CCWG. These resources include leadership development presentations, training materials, best practices, and ‘good to know’, which are crucial for onboarding new members. With a commitment to development, we also aim to ensure that these wealth of resources will be readily accessible to community members. This station will be updated frequently to certify the information posted is indeed still relevant and accurate. It is in this way that the core operations of the CCWG will come together, hand in hand.

All Core Operations are expected to be put in place within the first month of establishment.

Additional Community Enhancements :jigsaw:

• Mentorship Program: Including a Mentorship Program will become a pinnacle of interactions within the DAO. By pairing trusted Catdets and Cats of Culture with newcomers to Jupiter who wish to learn more, members will have the opportunity to engage deeply and receive guidance in 1 on 1 fashion. Bringing a gift, skill or talent from one to another through a dedicated system, this initiative will be specifically designed to provide the mentor and mentee chances for focused professional development.

• Culture Appreciation Events: Given our community’s diversity and the power within it, the CCWG would love to introduce and organize Culture Appreciation Events. Through storytelling events, classic gaming nights, and more, (we love that Jupiter Chess night and Mindfulness Sessions exist), these activities will reflect the variety of cultural backgrounds and different life journeys in our community. These initiatives will help us understand one another better through understanding our different cultures, history, and customs, therefore also further educating us all.

• Giveaways and More: At last, we want to interact with members via raffles and other forms of selection, as well as other creative initiatives. Offering resources meant to advance individuals, both personally and professionally - such as books for example. These resources will be carefully chosen to complement the topics of leadership, ethical decision-making, community building, and more, thereby promoting ongoing education and development within the DAO.

All additional Community Enhancements are expected to be put in place over the course of the trial period.

Meet the CCWG Team :busts_in_silhouette:

• Purrincess Peach - Core Contributor

• Purp - Core Contributor

Our team is dedicated to refining and implementing the initiatives we’ve outlined in this proposal. As we’ve developed these plans, we have taken valuable insights from community members into account, recognizing that collaboration enhances our collective impact. We are committed to creating opportunities for members to contribute, believing that diverse perspectives strengthen the DAO. We eagerly anticipate further discussions on collaborative methods and ideas to ensure everyone has a space to participate and contribute to our shared success. As per our Core Operations, we do deem many different community members as fit for collaborating in our initiatives with us. Establishing these particular roles within the CCWG for Jupiter DAO will continue to push the PPP meta as well as the Ethos for both Jupiter and Catdets. We do have some creative ideas in the works that will allow opportunities to be offered to members down the line, therefore if you as the reader are indeed interested, don’t forget to check out our feedback form at the end! We look forward to expanding The Conscious Conduct WG. :smiley_cat:

Conclusion :ringer_planet:

As Jupiter continues to innovate in the crypto and decentralized governance space, the Conscious Conduct Working Group (CCWG) stands as a testament to our dedication towards enhancing our community’s ethical framework. Through the efforts of our Core Operations, as well as our Community Enhancements, we are establishing new standards for governance and community interaction within the Jupiverse by building on leadership development, security, support, and much more. As Vince Lombardi once said, “…the achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.” We aim to embody his quote, and participation along with engagement are crucial in doing so.

As one, let’s build a governance model that exemplifies certainty, transparency and accountability, ensuring Jupiter DAO remains a leading and key figure in the decentralized world. Your vote for this proposal distinguishes your drive and eagerness for a community where every individual is given the opportunity to excel. Supporting the CCWG means committing to a future where every member thrives through integrity and collaboration. We value your feedback and encourage you to share your thoughts through the comments section of this post, or via our feedback form provided below which allows anonymous submissions.

To complete our proposal feedback form, click here.

Please note: This is a draft proposal is subject to change based on feedback and our communities evolving needs.

9 Likes

Wait, has this been agreed-upon? Or are you making a proposal for this to go ahead?.

Whilst I think your post is great and you’re highlight the importance Of having leadership and support in the dao. I don’t believe we actually need to group for this. People doing this daily Such as cadets and cats of culture.

If we initiate a group, it’s just gonna take away valuable dao Funds, To find something We are doing.

6 Likes

This looks great. As I read through, my understanding is that it’s largely trying to address a lot of issues that other WGs are already dealing with. Having multiple working groups isn’t a bad thing at all but having them trying to address similar problems can lead to the following:

1. Duplication of Effort: Different groups might end up working on the same tasks or developing similar solutions independently, leading to wasted time and resources that could have been used more efficiently with better coordination.

2. Inconsistent Outcomes: Without proper alignment, each WG might approach the problem differently, leading to inconsistent or even conflicting outcomes. This can create confusion and complicate decision-making processes.

3. Communication Gaps: Multiple groups working on the same problem may not effectively communicate with each other, resulting in knowledge silos where valuable insights or breakthroughs are not shared across groups.

4. Resource Strain: Limited resources, such as time, funding, or personnel, may be spread too thin across multiple groups, reducing the overall effectiveness and impact of their efforts.

5. Competition Instead of Collaboration: The existence of multiple groups tackling the same issue might foster competition rather than collaboration, leading to a less cooperative environment and potentially hindering the best solutions from emerging.

6. Decision-Making Delays: With multiple groups involved, reaching a consensus or making decisions can take longer as more voices and perspectives need to be considered, potentially slowing down progress.

7. Confusion Among Stakeholders:
    Stakeholders outside the working groups may become confused about which group’s work they should follow or support, which can dilute the focus and impact of the efforts being made.

In summary, while having diverse perspectives can be beneficial for Jup DAO, without proper coordination and communication, having multiple groups work on similar problems can lead to inefficiencies and missed opportunities for collaboration.
I would suggest that the CWG looks into these new WG proposals and possibly consider suggesting to these emerging groups to consider merging or contributing towards working with other working groups working on similar problems to accelerate the goal of reaching strategic solutions to problems being addressed.

7 Likes

Well said mate! I feel the micro issues of the workgroups are tryna create new works groups that aren’t really needed.

6 Likes

Personally I see the value proposed in such a work group although I do see some crossover in the overall objective. I feel some of the problems outlined fall withing the CAWG remit to solve and so I relate to the previous comments of possible issues and strongly feel the same way however. Similar to the advice given in the reply before me, I believe that collaborating with existing working groups to accomplish some of the forecast community enhancements is the best way to go about bringing an idea such as this into reality. leveraging proof of performance statistics and photo evidence of results of a few successful events and such.

I am a massive advocate of more public casual/bonding type events. I am personally trying to spearhead games within the community with some new found assistance from D3vpurity a fellow catdet. I would be interested in seeing an example of collaboration on such efforts in promotion and community engagement.

In regards of the educational standpoint this is also provided in part by CAWG, although all of these such events as well as previously mentioned casual/bonding events are still in developmental and experimental stages. I still believe there is room for the team members listed in this proposal to be more involved in the current events and in summarizing and proposing new versions of such events and collaborating through the CAWG for sponsorship and alignment in making such events happen
in short similar to Mbolormans conclusion:
I highly encourage further proof of work and value proposition. Collaborating with existing work group to apply physical results for solutions outlined in this proposal.

6 Likes

Appreciate the feedback! Although this does read as AI, it addresses some reasonable ideas mostly all geared towards a potential overlap with existing WGs.

In terms of overlapping, i would value your clarification. Which of our core points would you say overlap with existing working group functions, and of which working groups to be exact?

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, your opinion is valued!
As this proposal was our final draft, yet is subject to change, I’d like to better understand from your POV; what is being done daily that overlaps with any of the listed initiatives? I’m also curious as to what you would deem as valuable for the use of DAO funds?

1 Like

Thank you for your valued reply!
I hear your point on collaborating with existing working groups when it comes to our community enhancements. I agree that our point on Culture Appreciation, as it involves connecting the community, could definitely be amalgamated with people or groups who are thinking similar - such as yourself with your gaming efforts within the community! & great idea to elaborate on btw. I would like to mention however, our Culture Appreciation wouldn’t be just games within the community. The inclusion of cultural games is only one aspect of this community enhancement initiative.

I would like to ask though, how is our core Learning & Development point already provided in part by the CAWG?
The reason why this was written is because how I see it; these core initiatives don’t exist. We want to Cultivate Cat Leadership through each one of our points in the proposal and again, correct me if I’m wrong, but I personally see a wide gap in current working groups relating to all of the listed core initiatives.

5 Likes

I will begin by pointing out that AI is a tool, just like any other. Anyone including myself can use it to enhance mine or their work, not replace my own thinking or creativity. It can help me or anyone be more efficient and informed, but the final decisions and judgments are always mine or that of anyone who uses it.
That said, can you outline what this WG aims to achieve specifically that can’t be addressed or not already being addressed by the many WG we have so far? If you can make that case clearly I am more than likely willing to re-evaluate my views.

• learning & dev for example we have a lot of individuals and cadets already producing incredible materials each day via YouTube, podcast, the DAO etc that this idea can be incorporated with.
  • what’s under your conduct council proposal that for example, the cadets aren’t already doing now through providing support, making sure others feel welcomed in the DAO, keeping it safe etc…?

And as I go thru all the proposal, I feel strongly that these are all points that can fit into several of the WGs that already exist.
For all the ‘core points’ you suggest in this proposal, I can’t see why these can’t be suggested and implemented through existing WGs while you & others request to join them and contribute towards achieving same goals instead of things being duplicated. I will be extremely shocked if someone goes through this proposal and can’t identify that most or all of what you are suggesting here aren’t already being addressed through other working groups or even individuals not as a working group & think @lochie2001 has sort of highlighted similar views. That doesn’t mean that the proposal isn’t great like I pointed out.

The point of presenting this proposal here is so that people can honestly express their views on it. My hope is that you aren’t taking offence to that.

I copied the link to the Catdet Working Group for example below so you can see how vast they cover this ecosystem with goals covering things like inclusive community cultures, educating, producing weekly Jup Summary report etc which I strongly believe almost all the things you are proposing here can be done with the catdets in good faith and will be fully narrowed down to just one or two main ideas that they aren’t covering yet and you can lead it and get the recognition for contributing to it. Think they are open to welcoming enthusiastic folks like yourself. Why don’t we contribute to the ecosystem that way to build synergy and strength instead of opening up countless WGs?

Also check out the WWG copied link below and you will see a lot of things in your proposal already being addressed directly or indirectly and you can suggest or contribute things directly to these groups as well that can gain you the recognition you deserve and even ask to join them.

4 Likes

@purrincesspeachx So this line here is what both Uplink and CWG are already doing, i see them in the chats educating everyone, running seminars to teach skills ect. I feel this WG isnt needed as a lone wolf. The other WG’s can acheive this within their budget imo

3 Likes

same here! i feel the same

2 Likes

I feel what this proposed work group is tryna acheive you can get for free in the JUP discord or attending the planitary call. There is no need for dao funding. In fact, im sure you and @Merlin-M-Ostermann are the same, we are more than happy to provide such materials in here for Free!

Thats what GOOD cats do.

I like the proposal but there is no need for a formal WG. TBH i feel these WG’s are getting a little out of hand with their broadness in scope.

2 Likes

100%:white_check_mark: I was hoping that by politely referencing all these stuffs it will be obvious to everyone that if we as an ecosystem want to just throw Jups & USDCs towards anyone or group of individuals who scramble words together without holding them to the high standards many like yourself, @Merlin-M-Ostermann and many more try to set in here each day etc, then that defeats the same principles & values that have made this same ecosystem & DAO send strong waves across the crypto community & Web3 in particular.

Imagine @lochie2001 asking a budget to produce his recent hot topic like:
What will happen if the JUPUARY vote does not pass: An overview and discussion

Or @Merlin-M-Ostermann’s countless post debating & contributing to incredible topics & ideas suggested by others who litter this DAO with resources each day etc.

We can all end some recognition like @meow recently joining in to give @lochie2001 positive feedback for his very insightful & thought provoking topic I mentioned above. He didn’t go create a WG for those stuffs. Just served the community & I am confident you will be rewarded somehow instead of all these excess WGs. We do have a lot already or other ways we can contribute without wanting some budget. Help the community grow the pie & you shall grow your share directly or indirectly through that. It mustn’t be through extra working groups that clearly doesn’t address anything that isn’t already existing.

3 Likes

I agree, especially on the part that while engagement and work-groups in general are nice, the DAO should to some extent go with active contributions instead of budget allocations.

In the end, it should go from talks on Jupresearch into influencing certain things- if anything really needs budgets, it should go into utility that benefits either the DOA as an entity, or utility for the DOA participants.

The thing is, initially for core fundamentals it made sense to allocate budget to bring something forward. But at some point it does not serve the DAO anymore to externalize everything and fund everything, it will just drain value without utility prepositions.

I think some topics could simple be opened as a “focus group” topic by @0xSoju or @meow as a topic in Jupresearch, then have a active debate in that topic and a review after 2 month. It is in every participants interest to move the discussion to either general benefit or his own agenda, and if the team discusses this topic then and draws conclusions from it, ultimately more would participate and engage such discussions to form the DAO.

Progression is key, but it also needs sensible treatment of funds, else it is an overpay just to come up with things that are not even a point of any reasonable debate.

Looking at some strings of argumentation in general, I think a lot sentiment and progression can be yielded without overfunding.

3 Likes

I have been since and will continue to be always in favor of those proposals that help grow the JUP ecosystem, are in line with JUP vision and add up to JUP longevity as a project always when all the deliverables can be run via measurable KPI’s so that funds are given based on those achieved. I have seen too many startups fail due to throwing funds away irresponsibly.

4 Likes

Thank you so much brother! That is extremely kind.

Education is key here. So the more we discuss the stronger or ecosystem gets. And that’s all I want in return is:

1. Strong ecosystem
  2. Educated
  3. Honest
  4. Pays the favour forward by educating others
4 Likes

The point of the games is just me providing one straight answer as an example of a slight crossover. The CAWG have in the past organised workshops and they do look to provide and promote educational events between Catdets as far as I’m aware there have been a few such as rusty’s gardening event.

I am simply stating that you guys should communicate with CAWG on some of your proposed ideas as I believe you are on the right track I just don’t believe a separate work group is required for it currently and that seeking to work with CAWG might be the approach for such ideas. I think you could prove me wrong by seeking this collaboration hosting some events and gathering some metrics.This approach both benefits your proposal in the end and eliminates the potential crossovers.

6 Likes

Think you are right @Irishcryptonic. Feel exactly the same.

4 Likes

thank you for your valued feedback!

We have envisioned a structure where there are indeed measurable KPI’s for the listed deliverables. We plan to have these strategies added.

I would also like to add, there is no mention of any funding as we want our ideas & mission to be well understood.

2 Likes

What objective KPI’s do you have in mind?

3 Likes