No cat should be left behind

I do think the way this distribution is being handled sucks. The claim portal was hidden, you needed to trust a link from X/Twitter or some one else on another platform. Claimers received a lot of trash tokens and most got dust amounts not even worth claiming. If it wasn’t such early days I might’ve thought this whole process to be malicious.

Life does get in the way. I’ve consistently suggested we handle the ASR process differently, exactly for the reasons you mentioned. I do think that since the team laid out the rules for this last round, they should probably stick. Perhaps tokens are to be redistributed in the next ASR to unclaimed wallets. However the community needs to seriously consider changing the process going forward. I do not want to see the existing process continue.

Previously written thoughts below:

LFG projects can benefit the DAO by market-buying JUP and voting for themselves. However the benefit is largely for that project, instead of the DAO. Projects can resell the JUP on the market if they don’t find it useful, and there is no difference for voting with a 1-day stake vs having locked your stake for 6 months. I also think getting tokens from projects for ASR is less useful than getting JUP for ASR. This is due to the fact that projects can potentially print their tokens at will. I understand different projects have different tokenomics, but I do think the attention on LFG tokens dilutes the DAO attention/value a bit.

Creating an incentive for LFG projects to lock JUP into the ASR fund would demonstrate a few things:

• Project is willing to pay for our attention directly by adding capital into ASR
  • Project cannot inflate token value since it is not their project token
  • Projects are using the currency of the DAO to communicate with the DAO

Let projects distribute their LFG tokens via LFG, and have projects contribute JUP to the DAO. Losing LFG projects could even get their locked JUP back. This also forces projects to decide if they’d rather pay the DAO for attention or buy their own votes.

4 Likes