No cat should be left behind

NO CAT SHOULD BE LEFT BEHIND

Proposal: Permit the Jupiter team to stake unclaimed Active Staking Rewards (ASR){4M JUP tokens} on the JUP DAO by sending them to the wallets of qualified users who were unable to claim them.

Reasons:

1. Greater Voting Power: We can raise the total number of votes for upcoming proposals by distributing unclaimed ASR tokens to qualified users. By doing this, the voice of the community will be amplified and made more representative.

2. Wider Participation: We may promote a higher level of community engagement and participation by adding more wallets to the voting process. As a result, the governance ecology will be healthier and viewpoint diversity will increase.

3. Equity and Inclusivity: For a variety of reasons, some users were unable to claim their ASR tokens. We can guarantee that all eligible recipients receive their prizes by transferring the tokens to their wallets, so fostering equity and inclusivity.

4. Reduced Token Concentration: We can encourage a more decentralised governance model and lessen token concentration by distributing unclaimed ASR tokens.

5. Community Growth: We can promote a sense of belonging and entice more people to engage in the Jupiter ecosystem by demonstrating our concern for our community members and our desire to make sure everyone wins.

How it will work:

• Determine which eligible users were denied access to their ASR tokens.
  • Stake the tokens on the JUP DAO to enhance voting
  • Transfer the unclaimed tokens to their wallets but it will be staked
6 Likes

I don’t see a point in spending 4m jup to send to people who are not able to claim for a month, and seeing that as inclusive or having that as a way to attract people who are obviously not interested in jup or asr, not only that but thinking that a person who couldn’t claim in a month will be able to vote in three days seems faulty.
Send those 4m to jup dao where it could do way more good and attract more people and attention.

Thanks for the proposal.

9 Likes

We can’t say they are “obviously not interested in JUP or ASR”. They have the JUP staked ,vote on several proposal, and some of them forget to claim the ASR. People that staked jup and vote on proposal instead of selling the token can’t be tagged as “obviously not interested in JUP or ASR”.
We have a lot of people complaining about the ASR on the discord channel, so staking the JUP on their behalf is just a way to show the team is fair to all.
We have seen increment in JUP staked post-ASR. Staking those JUP will still increase the voting power.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, the funds should just simply pool to the next asr round !

6 Likes

If the team can’t provide the staking of the unclaimed JUP to those that qualify for it this round.
I will suggest it should be added to next ASR but it should be for those wallet alone
Whereby;
The wallet will be eligible for 2 ASRs( 1st and 2nd Quarter ASR).

3 Likes

but then there is an advantage for not claiming original asr?

TBH if they didnt claim the first they probs wont claim the second. thus, this seems over technical than it needs to be.

May i ask, did you claim your asr or did you miss it?

5 Likes

While I disagree that JUP should be sent to people this round, I do think this highlights a flaw in airdrop distribution for LFG. In my opinion a couple changes would be beneficial:

1. Stop letting projects give us their tokens. Force them to pay us in JUP for our attention. Getting random tokens can be beneficial, but it defeats the Jup4Jup thesis. Voters should only get JUP for voting, and projects should pay voters in JUP by locking these tokens up during votes. Tokens should then be distributed via ASR.

2. This would simplify the ASR claim process. Voters could get their JUP auto-distributed into their existing/new stake accounts. There is no reason we should be forced to click some buttons on a time-limit. It’s dumb monkey behavior, not smart catdet behavior.

6 Likes

Hey JUP friends,

I was AFK since late June. Dealing with the aftermath of wife’s mom passing.

I just signed in now and to my MASSIVE disappointment, I noticed rewards started already but it’s expired and I can’t claim.

The last time I checked was late June. Thats not that long ago. I didn’t see any communication regarding needing to check in weekly or do anything to claim at that point.

I committed my funds, I bought in more. Helped Zeus out, but lost big on that as well but kept the faith.

I’ve been a big fan for a while. Promoted JUP and governance participation to all my peeps digital and irl. I participated in forums and helped others do detailed technical analysis on launchpad candidates. I was working on some tracks and content with my music producer friends for JuP community. In 2025/6 planning some events in Austin (we did artbomb 2022).

30 days is absolutely shameful. And completely unnecessary. Without any opt-in notification system. Without any very early warning to dao and its members to check in frequently for rewards… that rewards will NOT be airdropped (I had no idea). And I was in 80% of all JUP calls.

I honestly wonder if this was intentional. Can someone explain to me why 30 days was chosen and if the dao had a part in deciding this? Did we vote on this?

Again, people have lives away from digital here. There are many people that want to see JUP and our community succeed, giving them <30 days to surface (especially in a bear market) to see a Twitter post, is unrealistic and short sighted.

We NEED to band together and form a remedy. This is not acceptable.

Again, I’ve been AFK. My wife’s last surviving parent passed and they were not on talking terms so it was even harder. Anyway, the point is… life is happening away from these forums.

And earnest energy input into dao, with financial staking, should be rewarded if that is part of the expectations. I locked, voted, participated, told many others to do the same and they did. And now I’m cut out bc life happens and someone from the top decided the rules of their own game.

It won’t be the end of the world, but if we can’t band together around situations that require compassion with our own people… my confidence in this entire thing will be broken.

Please figure something out.
Thanks for listening,

BizPanda.

3 Likes

@Scribblex @Doc @lochie2001 @iamme @kemosabe Please read my post as it explains my experience with this issue. Appreciate your support for a remedy for JUP DAO members with unclaimed rewards. [No cat should be left behind - #8 by Pandamunk](https://My post)

Btw I am totally fine with it rolling over to the next period, or whatever works. I can also submit something more formal if this will help.

@meow would really appreciate your input as well if this catches you. Thank you brotha.

3 Likes

I do think the way this distribution is being handled sucks. The claim portal was hidden, you needed to trust a link from X/Twitter or some one else on another platform. Claimers received a lot of trash tokens and most got dust amounts not even worth claiming. If it wasn’t such early days I might’ve thought this whole process to be malicious.

Life does get in the way. I’ve consistently suggested we handle the ASR process differently, exactly for the reasons you mentioned. I do think that since the team laid out the rules for this last round, they should probably stick. Perhaps tokens are to be redistributed in the next ASR to unclaimed wallets. However the community needs to seriously consider changing the process going forward. I do not want to see the existing process continue.

Previously written thoughts below:

LFG projects can benefit the DAO by market-buying JUP and voting for themselves. However the benefit is largely for that project, instead of the DAO. Projects can resell the JUP on the market if they don’t find it useful, and there is no difference for voting with a 1-day stake vs having locked your stake for 6 months. I also think getting tokens from projects for ASR is less useful than getting JUP for ASR. This is due to the fact that projects can potentially print their tokens at will. I understand different projects have different tokenomics, but I do think the attention on LFG tokens dilutes the DAO attention/value a bit.

Creating an incentive for LFG projects to lock JUP into the ASR fund would demonstrate a few things:

• Project is willing to pay for our attention directly by adding capital into ASR
  • Project cannot inflate token value since it is not their project token
  • Projects are using the currency of the DAO to communicate with the DAO

Let projects distribute their LFG tokens via LFG, and have projects contribute JUP to the DAO. Losing LFG projects could even get their locked JUP back. This also forces projects to decide if they’d rather pay the DAO for attention or buy their own votes.

4 Likes

I claimed my ASR the moment the claiming is live

6 Likes

Thanks @Doc. Appreciate the thoughts here and yes several changes need to be made.

But first the fundamental promise of rewarding those who invested both money and time (especially substantial ie $10k+). Should be reconciled.

How do we get this up the chain?

2 Likes

@iamme thats great. I was hugging my wife while she was balling her eyes. Guess you win?

3 Likes

Half of my posts in this forum are involving @lochie2001 and otherwise I feel like I’m talking to brick walls. So I have no idea how to get ideas to the idea implementer/s.

4 Likes

30 days was chosen, because the team knew it is sufficient for active stakers to claim their Active Staking Reward , but we have people with several reasons for not been able to claim , just like the one @Pandamunk provide above , that’s why as a community, I propose if the reward can still be provided for “Active stakers” that missed the claiming.

All I want you to know is they Jupiter always care for its community and no stone will be left untouched, as " no cat will be left behind"

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate it. Apologies I was running a bit hot (my personality when it comes to matters of justice). But only love for all <3 thx

3 Likes

You have 2 opinion stated ,

1. Token from project that launch on JUP LFG launchpad been given to the voters is an agreement between Jupiter and those project that ; 1% of the token total supply will be allocated voters. I don’t see anything wrong in that.

2. A simplified Claiming/reward system for ASR should be introduced, such that every voters can automatically access their ASR(JUP TOKEN). Of which I suggested that the ASR should be Auto-staked for the voters , instead of them claiming and then the token is been staked after claiming.
    If the token is automatically by the team, then there is no cause for alarm , that some Active stakers was unable to claim Their rewards whatsoever

3 Likes

The team are seeing everything as they are the implementers

3 Likes

You are welcome

J4J :ringer_planet:

3 Likes
  1. I understand that it is the current agreement that projects give their token to the DAO and DAO voters. However I disagree that it is beneficial. I think this should change. See if this post makes sense: No cat should be left behind - #11 by Doc

2. I’m not sure what you are trying to say here. I do think JUP should get auto-staked and auto-distributed.

3 Likes