Jupiter Mobile App: hardware wallet integration

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if adding Ledger integration is part of the roadmap. Currently, entering the secret phrase directly in the app is not the recommended way for securing a wallet. As a hardware wallet user, I rely on my Ledger for managing my assets and would prefer to avoid directly inputting sensitive information.

With potential rewards, such as the January rewards, tied to using the mobile app, I personally would miss out since I handle everything via my hardware wallet.

I’m opening this topic for discussion and would love to hear the community’s thoughts on the importance of hardware wallet integration, particularly for those of us who prioritize security with devices like Ledger.

Looking forward to your input!

11 Likes

Totally agreed. I’ll prolly just create a fun wallet and send something into it to test the app but I wouldn’t hold anything more than I’d hold as cash in my pocket. I understand a big goal with the wallet is to remove as much friction as possible to get folks into using it but without a hardware wallet support you pretty much limit all the serious users from using it.

4 Likes

Just create a Solana wallet and use it for the Jup/Solana ecosystem. You can always move your assets to Ledger when you choose then without needing to use your ledger passphrase for this.

4 Likes

I believe their will surely be an improvement and more integration in the coming months but the first version released is awesome :+1:. The team always work to improve previous versions of an existing product.

5 Likes

ofc thats the fast solution, but long term you cant do that.
also if i want to trade big volumes, i dont want to send big volumes to my burner wallet

2 Likes

definitely, no doubt. i love the app.

2 Likes

I am sure the team is looking to find a way to do this, LFG !

3 Likes