How to calculate your ASR

I will show how to calculate your ASR. This applies only for JUP, so any other tokens (LFG) are excluded in this example. I use 100 JUP as my voting power so it is easier to understand.

• My staked JUP = 100 JUP
  • ASR for Q3 = 50,000,000 JUP
  • Total JUP used in proposal#1 = 274,033,926 → you can find this number HERE

Now we can calculate our personal multiplier for proposal#1:

My staked JUP / Total JUP used in proposal#1 = 100 JUP / 274,033,926 JUP = 0,00000036491832

This multiplier is a number which shows how much from the 50M JUP reward pool is your share. To know how much it is in JUP, you have to calculate your personal multiplier * 50M JUP,

0,00000036491832 * 50,000,000 JUP = 18.2459 JUP.

So you voted with 100 JUP and you would receive ~18.2 JUP as the ASR.

However, this would apply if there was only 1 proposal to vote for during the Q3 ASR period but as we know, there will be multiple proposals. Therefore we have to calculate our share from each proposal separately and then calculate the average to get the TOTAL number in JUP which we will receive at the end of Q3 ASR period.

You can use the same formula during next proposal and calculate how many JUP you would receive. Let’s say you would get 19.4 JUP for example. Now you can simply calculate (18.2 JUP + 19.4 JUP) / 2 = 18.8 JUP.

So you need to calculate each proposals ASR separately and calculate the average (divide the total by the number of proposals).

This may be a brain fuck if not familiar with math, but may help someone who wants to start calculating and estimating the upcoming ASR beforehand.

10 Likes

Solid. Thanks so much :rocket:

2 Likes

Great info! This is certainlya much more in depth explanation than in the main voting page!

2 Likes

thanks for sharing brother! most people already know but their is a rough calculator in Jupiter Quick Links Cheat Sheet!

4 Likes

35% increase in voters compared to last vote. 27% of this due to first ASR distribution, 8% extra possibly due to more people staking $JUP and voting after seeing 27% ROI in 3 months. Market likes JUP’s ASR!

4 Likes

I expected even bigger increase in staked JUP, but I suppose that so few people understand the math above.

Because there are other interesting stats as well:

• Around 20 to 30% of all staked JUP DOES NOT Vote at all. (Some maybe because they do not know there is voting)
  • Almost 10% of people that VOTED did not claim their rewards at all.
2 Likes

solid info! thank you for sharing :heartpulse:

2 Likes