Combating obvious sybil #2

Hello, Asimsy here!

Maybe some of you read through my previous thread a few weeks back, Combating obvious sybil - General - Jupiter Research (jupresear.ch)
I have been doing a little bit more digging to try and locate anomalies within the JUP staking wallet distributions to locate sybil. I’d like to thank x.com for his coding skills & continued support on discord through this process!

Right, looking back at my previous thread I hopefully presented enough information to convince the community that there was significant risk of major sybil ongoing within the JUP governance programme.

The formatting of the table below is slightly off, I do apologise. Its clear that the sybil effort has not wavered and the 0.01 stakes have continued to climb.
(query ran 18/8/2024 using Jup stakers copy | asimsy-V4fpFx | Flipside)

Since my last post in mid July, 5 weeks ago we can see the 0.01 user stakers has increased from 35,011 to 66605 a 30994 increase which is incredible. It is still my opinion that these users are not genuine & are in fact sybil.
What is interesting is that we have seen a decrease in the <1 & <10 JUP stakes as potentially after the ASR rewards these users felt that staking their JUP was not worth it.
It brings me great joy to see that the higher brackets of staking users has seen increases, we can see another 18 wallets staking over 100k JUP which is amazing. Additionally there are another 53 wallets staking over 10k JUP and finally 4 more wallets staking over 1,000,000 JUP!.
It is clear that JUP is attracting larger players who want governance power to help shape the best community in crypto!

Thanks for reading guys!

6 Likes

Yeah For sure, it’s happening.

The team already Combating it and I have faith in what they’re doing. I think minimum staking is important As well as look at those wash trading, etc

3 Likes

Not only minimum staking but also some time-weighted criteria, like do you think that someone who deposited 500 and voted once is ‘‘worth’’ more than a wallet who deposited 50 and voted 10 times? There has to be some multiplier for the # of votes ppl participate in. Time is the only thing probably that can’t be faked

2 Likes

hey just updated the post!

1 Like

Just updated the post!

1 Like

Yeah I do think we should reward longer term stakers over shorter term larger stakers, lets hope the JUP team share our feelings!

2 Likes

@0xSoju Hey do you agree that those 0.01 stakers are most likely Sybil, i checked with some JUP mods in the discord and they said once you remove you entire stake your balance is 0 so that would mean those people are actively staking small amounts, right?

1 Like

yeah they 100% would be. There was a post in here about amount of jup staked by wallets. there was a significant amount with 1-10 jup staked. OBV tryna get an edge.

3 Likes

Lots of whales loading up but small fishes leaving :frowning:
Why would anyone stake 0.01 JUP or less, i dont understand

2 Likes

It’s kinda funny, bc it would cost them more to stake than they’d get out of it lol

2 Likes

The Flipside link is very helpful, I was playing with it just now! Thank you @Asimsy

2 Likes

My 157 JUP stake is one of those! cool data, can you show it in other formats?

2 Likes