LFG Retroactive with Soju & Slorg

One concern such projects have right now, is that they focus on Jupiter LFG, put time and resources into an appeal and no where in the process can remotely understand their progression.

You might not even really get the “really” established large projects, because as no one talks with them, they can hardly justify sitting idle on wait for 3 month.

The bigger the projects scale is in the background you see them all dropping out from their intros and interest there because there is zero ffedback from the team.

Of course someone might now say that that is ok and shows how commited they are, but I would argue that this is rather unfair. Does the Jupiter team expect credible company projects to set an employees time and therefore companies resources onto only hopium?

In the end I believe those projects that endure this treatment over so long time are not necessary the best ones. I mean the better a projects is, the more they will go for other opitons and have other business opportunities. In the end the current steps to the launchpad are not transparent (after intro and a lot activity, absolute zero feedback or approach) and the whole process facilitates a little that the things that push projects up are happening in the hidden. I would even argue that the more professional, established and grounded in eality a project is, they are pushed and driven out from LFG if anything.

4 Likes

Do it like YC does it. My suggestion would be to run the program similarly to YCombinator because its a refined process that works well, and one that I have personally experienced. This comparison is a good starting point because I believe that this launchpad is the best in crypto in the same way that YC is the best accelerator. The launchpad should use its inherent advantages of scale and distribution to build a moat around being the best place to launch in the same way that YC used the insight that a small amount of funding over a large number of teams is a good long term bet.

Suggested program overview:

1. Projects apply by posting a video + introduction on open forum, anyone can post or comment. Rolling deadlines every 4 months to be part of next batch.
  2. A 30min video call is held with the most interesting projects by a working group and gets a yes or no within 48 hours of the call.
  3. Every project selected gets $250k in return for 1% of total supply.
  4. Every project goes through a 4 month mentorship process.
  5. Projects are mentored once a week by a designated partner through online office hours.
  6. Mentorship covers basics like how to engage community, metrics that matter…all the good stuff YC tells you but in the context of crypto.
  7. There’s a demo day at the end of 4 months.
  8. Pools are created for all projects in the demo day - no losers, let demand decide where it should flow.
  9. 7-10 projects launched every 4 months, 3 per year for a decade.

What this process does is bring predictability, process and value to the projects applying. It also allows for projects at different stages from brand new rough ideas to projects that have raised funding already.I believe with more scale and rigour, the launchpad can make a heck of a dent in the universe over the next decade. I’m happy to help in any way to make this happen.

5 Likes

I would like such a route much more than the current tbh.

Good food for thought here!

4 Likes

Incentives seem to be key, and the community you guys have cultivated it a major. Could you guys allocate part of the community JUP allocation to incentivize further good project to get on board and they can distribute these to their communities?

1 Like

As in you mean, a launchpad token, we give them an allocation of JUP?

1 Like