Explaining post moderation for new users

Thanks for everything

4 Likes

Thanks for the moderation! Greatly appreciated

4 Likes

Excited to have joined the community! Curious, how long do manual moderation reviews generally take to clear?

7 Likes

New start on here. Hope I can get into this more than ever through Jup!

4 Likes

Looking forward to fully exploring and learning. Hopefully I will also contribute when and if I have something useful and interesting to share with the community. Until then, LFG :fire::boom::100: PPP

5 Likes

Thanks for the rules. It should be helpful to create a positive community.

3 Likes

I get why very obvious low effort things or let’s say “should have been known to not get a pass” situations like wallet address spams, random links, not LFG related stuff should actually not be entertained too much on the side of giving feedback.

But ins let’s say niche or fringe cases, where it is not so on the nose, even if a moderator can not directly comment on it, it would be very helpful to give a user a DM or something why it got rejected.

Sometimes there is effort and genuine good will in posts here, and without feedback on such rejections, people might loose drive or motivation and just one nudge in the right direction could make long term for more quality content.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work

3 Likes

perhaps this can be of help to you:

best regards,

marja

4 Likes

Interesting… I am starting my journey

3 Likes

ug

" Please save your writing in a separate document before posting – there is no functionality on this site for moderators to comment on a pending post with feedback, there’s only “approve” or “reject” buttons and you will lose your work if it’s rejected"

I didn’t see this… I wrote a post suggesting a Jupiter grant for a dashboard page on jup.ag. Is it gone forever? I didn’t save it. don’t want to rewrite it.

1 Like

Gone forever basically if it was rejected. I totally get that this is bad for you, I experienced the same.

I still think that in the bad cases they bring up (spam, low effort, wallet addresses) whatever it is actually fine like that.

But if someone made big content, it should be hold for review. And if it is only one small detail that would affect “reject” I really think they should address it in DM. I totally get that can not be done too much, and I am not asking to do it for 50%.

But maybe do it for the top 2% of rejected content, and it would make for less frustration.

3 Likes

thats fine
jup is amazing

2 Likes

This looks very interesting, something new.

4 Likes

That explains a lot. Thank you! LFG

2 Likes

It would be helpful if there was a turn-around-time or review time sort of counter that gave new users a sense of how long it will take before their first 5 posts are moderated. It’s also not clear if an introduction topic can be posted until the 5 posts of a new user are approved or are their other thresholds to clear as well.

5 Likes

You are right it should have documentation.

By experience I think the time varies because it is absolutely manually checked by more than one person.

Also and intro topic can be posted before other initial posts, it will be approved the same way as any other post, it just needs time.

Disclaimer:

I have no real inside knowledge here, I am not in any way connected internally with the team or anything, I really just go by my personal experience.

4 Likes

Ug is right. A dashboard is a great idea. I hope I see your proposal surface sometime soon. :pray:t4:

2 Likes

Just loving it look good

1 Like

I think these guidelines are valid and its very necessary to keep the site focused on JUP (and their partners, to some extent), clean from everything else and above all keeping all users safe.

2 Likes